|PROHIBITED ACCESS ITEMS
Items for which access is prohibited in the passenger area may be transported in the interior of vehicles as baggage where this option exists, unless possessing them constitutes a criminal or administrative violation which would require their being confiscated and handed over to the competent authorities.
- Prohibited weapons under existing Arms Rules (including knives).
- Firearms and ammunition whose legal possession isn't demonstrated
- Explosives of any kind, pyrotechnic products and electric or pyrotechnic detonators.
- Flammable liquids for use as fuel
- Illegal, trivial or unjustified possession of other items whose mere presence in the passenger area threatens the physical integrity of persons.
- Alcoholic beverages.If a passenger brings alcoholic beverages on board, they must be seized and held until the arrival at the destination port.
|CONTROLLED ACCESS ITEMS
Controlled access items must be submitted to the Ship Security Officer to be kept in an adequate place on the vesseland returned to their owner at the end of the voyage, unless the carrier is travelling with a vehicle as baggage and agrees to leave them inside the vehicle.
- Legally held firearms under the provisions of existing Arms Rules.
- Bladed weapons for ornamental use, of sizes and characteristics prohibited under existing Arms Rules.
- Personal weapons of defence or firearms carried by members of the security forces or security guards on private travel or without a contingent.
- Ammunition for legally held firearms carried.
- Flammable or corrosive liquids for professional use.
- Fake firearms
- Knives, axes and cutting or sharp objects for professional use
- Bows, arrows and crossbows for sporting use.
- Other items or products whose carrying is justified by professional necessity and whose presence in the passenger area threatens the physical integrity of persons.
The following items are not subject to access control to the passenger area:
- Service weapons carried by members of the State security forces in all types of travel.
- Arms carried by members of the State security forces, security guards and in-service private security escorts.