Members of large families with Spanish nationality, with the certificate attesting to this, are entitled to receive a reduction on official passenger rates.
- General large family: 20%
- Special large family: 50%
- Remember this discount applies to the Standard accommodation fare. If you're travelling in a Deluxe seat or in a cabin with only one person, you must pay the difference in the price, under Law 2/2012 of 29 June 2012, on maritime transport subsidies.
- You need to show two documents: the Large Family Certificate (issued by a Spanish government) or the individual card of each passenger. In both cases the documents must be the original and valid. You also need to have photocopies of the pages of the Large Family Certificate in which appears the following information (which must be legible): type of certificate, passenger's name and validity/expiration date
- Furthermore, just like all other passengers, you must verify your identity with your Spanish ID, identity card of your country of origin or driver's license. The document must be the original and valid (if it's expired, you need to have a photocopy of the current renewal receipt.