GENERAL DOCUMENTATION AND VISA INFORMATION REQUIREMENTS:
In accordance with Customs, Border Protection (CBP) regulations, please be advised that all U.S. Citizen adults and minors must be in possession of a current, valid passport book or passport card as of, April 23, 2018.
*Note that Birth Certificates, Photo I. D, and naturalization documents ( Naturalization certificate) will no longer be accepted* Only PASSPORTS will be accepted for international travel. This applies to our day trip and overnight packages.
US RESIDENTS SAME DAY TRAVEL:
- US Residents must travel with Valid ARC (Green card).
- It is advisable to present the valid passport of country of citizenship at check in.
- If ARC is expired must bring the original extension document with expired ARC card.
US RESIDENTS OVERNIGHT:
- Bring ARC (green card) and must have passport of the country you were born in.
US CITIZENS SAME DAY TRAVEL OR OVERNIGHT:
- All passengers need to bring valid US passport or valid us passport card.
- Euro border cards, sentry, nexus or global entry cards are not accepted.
- For current information on regulations for international travel, visit the travel section of the border protection home page: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html.
- Make sure your passport's expiration date is more than 6 months after your travel date.
NON-US CITIZENS SAME DAY TRAVEL OR OVERNIGHT: (ENTRY FROM THE US OR CANADA TO BAHAMAS)
- Valid passport with *valid entry stamp (B1/B2 or w/t countries)
- Valid visa with multiple entries (all classifications)
- Waiver visa countries must have their Esta form • F1 & M1 visas must have current original I20 form with valid signatures. Pg 2 travel authorization must have a current signature.
- J1 visas must have a current original DS 2019 form, completed with current signatures. Must have a current signature in the travel authorization box
- C1/D Visas cannot travel. C1/d’s can only travel on the carrier or vessel in which they are employed. They can travel if they sign off as a tourist and have a valid tourist, B1/B2 or B/1 visa or valid w/t entry stamp under their tourist visa.
- If there is no current entry stamp in your passport you must bring your boarding card or your ticket or if you are traveling with an electronic ticket you must have a copy of your travel itinerary and ticket number.
- F1 – You are allowed to travel within your 30-day grace period after expiration of F1 visa or I20 form. Please have a copy of your ticket of return to your country available.
- J1 & M1 visas cannot travel after their visa or I20 (M1’s) or DS 2019 (J1’s) forms have expired. your 30-day grace period allows you to stay in the us without penalty, not to travel international and reenter the us from a foreign destination other than your country of citizenship.
CANADIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS: SAME DAY OR OVERNIGHT TRAVEL
- A valid passport of your country of origin of which expiry date, after return from the Bahamas, must not be less than 3 months (direct travel) and not less than 6 months if transiting through other countries such as the us.
- Original Canadian permanent resident card - must not be less than 3 months (direct travel) and not less than 6 months if transiting through other countries such as the US.
- Some countries require Bahamian visas to spend one or more nights on the island. please check with the Bahamian consulate to see if your country requires a Bahamian Visa for overnight travel
- If a person is born in one country and is a resident in another (other than the us or Canada), Bahamian visa documentation is required based upon the country of birth/citizenship.
- For information on Bahamian visa requirements please click on: http://www.bahamas.gov.bs/wps/portal/public/visiting/visa or contact reservations at Balearia Caribbean.
- Valid passport and valid U.S. visa (for travel into the United States).
- Arc (alien resident card holders) must have a valid passport and valid arc card
- Bahamian residents (not Bahamian citizens) must have a valid residency card of the Bahamas or a letter of permit to reside from the Bahamian ministry or a valid residency stamp in their valid passport of their country of citizenship
ONE WAY TICKET TO THE BAHAMAS
- Only Bahamian citizens or residents can purchase one way tickets from the us to the Bahamas, all other passengers must show proof that will leave the island with a different vessel or carrier.
- For information on the above requirements please contact our reservations department at Balearia Caribbean.
- Entry/exit laws and requirements are subject to change without notice.
IMPORTANT NOTE * Balearia Caribbean LTD is not responsible for any denied boarding due to failure to produce the proper travel documentation*