ACCESSIBLE FERRY JOURNEY
At Baleària, we believe that our ferry travel is something that everyone should enjoy. From boarding and disembarkation assistance to service animals, we are committed to providing our guests with ferry travel for everyone.
You can help us fulfill this mission by working with us in advance. Our specially trained and dedicated Access Coordinators at our Access Desk will discuss your needs and expectations so that they can arrange for your specific needs and will make every reasonable effort to accommodate your requests. If we are notified in advance, once you are on the ferry, Baleària Caribbean’s Access Officers will have notice of your requests and will also be able to assist you with your needs on the ship.
In order to make your ferry journey experience as enjoyable as possible, contact our Access Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or have your travel agent contact us.
We are determined to make your journey as convenient and enjoyable as possible for guests with disabilities, including:
- Priority check-in, boarding and departure
- Service animals are welcome onboard
- Upon request, a vessel orientation tour
We encourage you notify us of your needs at the time of booking.
Baleària Caribbean welcomes service dogs individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of a person with a disability on its vessels. Service dogs are not considered pets. Baleària Caribbean also welcomes pets onboard (small cats and dogs) as long as they remain in cages or carriers in a designated area of the vessel. Service animals and pets must present the necessary documentation for travel at the time of check-in.
Rules for Service Dogs Onboard
- Service dogs are permitted to accompany a guest with a disability in all public areas, including dining venues. While in public areas, service dogs must be on a leash, harness or other restraining device unless being tethered would interfere with the service dog’s work or your disability. In that case, you must maintain control of the dog through voice, signal or other effective controls. Due to health regulations, service dogs are not permitted in pools, whirlpools or spas.
- Care and supervision of the service dog is the sole responsibility of the owner. The ships are not required to provide food or care for the dog.
- Guests are responsible for the behavior or damage caused by their service dog. A cleaning fee may be charged to the guest's shipboard account.
- If the service dog's behavior creates a fundamental alteration or a direct threat to the safety of others, the dog may be denied boarding or removed from the ferry along with the owner at the guest’s expense. Examples include, growling, barking excessively, initiating unsolicited contact, biting other guests and/or crewmembers, sitting on furniture, eating from the table, etc.
You are responsible for ensuring compliance with these rules. Please make sure you have had the procedures for disembarking your service dog in your destination and your dog's documentation is correctly completed.
Please notify our Access Desk at the time of booking but no later than 3 days prior to sailing
Guests may bring a reasonable quantity of food and bowls for the dog onboard the ship. If refrigerated space is needed, notify our Access Desk at time of booking but no later than 30 days prior to sailing. Guests are responsible for obtaining all required documents for your service dog to depart the ship in any destination. A copy of these permits must be carried on the ship. The documentation and immunization requirements are established by government authorities and not required by Baleària Caribbean. Please note requirements are subject to change without notice.
So that we may provide you with any additional information you may need in order to sail with your working service dog and make arrangements in advance of your cruise, please contact our Access Desk at email@example.com, via our dedicated toll free number at (866) 699-6988, or have your travel agent contact us.
ASSISTANCE AT THE PIER
We offer boarding and departure assistance to guests in wheelchairs or with mobility disabilities. To request assistance at the pier, contact us 30 days prior to your cruise so that we may prioritize your assistance to go onboard. Wheelchair assistance for boarding is available from the check-in to the ferry. During peak times there may be a wait for assistance.
We will make reasonable efforts to assist our guests, but for safety reasons, our staff is not permitted to lift guests or equipment. Assistance with manual wheelchairs, walkers, canes, etc. will be provided to and from the pier.
We will provide reasonable mobility assistance to guests in accessing areas of the ship that are not accessible.
ANY OTHER SPECIAL NEED
If you have another type of medical condition that has not been mentioned, please inquire how we might make reasonable accommodations to meet your specific needs. Please note that not all accommodations may be able to be provided. note that guests should be fit for travel. We do not require guests to travel with a companion; however, our personnel are not required to perform personal tasks.
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ACCESSIBLE CRUISING?
Contact our Access Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or have your travel agent contact us.